Saturday, October 15, 2011

Perpetual Anxiety

My mind is ever present and aware
While everyone else seems not to care
I feel more alone in a crowd of people
Than in church by myself in a lonely steeple
A heightened sense of judgment and condemnation
While I sit here silenced but in very loud frustration
My heart and mind suppressed by the masses
While everyone's trying to prove they're bad asses
The brutality of reality hits me straight to my heart
As if society has officially added me to their cart
Is there any hope for equality and change?
Or is it impossible to switch and rearrange?
This cold world is getting colder
But watch as I remove the boulders
And bear the weight of the world on my shoulders
A whisper of hope can be heard past the dawn
As I stand here like a knight trying to save the pawns
So come on, I see a light at the end of these crazy days
Watch as we are guided through these hazy rays
Lead us to the light everlasting where sadness is eclipsed
And where tears are erased as the poem ends with an ellipse...

No comments:

Post a Comment