Sunday, October 16, 2011

Deny the Facade and Defy the Odds

Accept nothing less than the best in others
We need to change and start acting like brothers
Ignore the notion of fake happiness and glee
Time to look in the mirror and see
The baggage and darkness you reveal in private
While in front of the masses you remain silent
Confront it with a mighty sword in hand
Slay its potential to corrupt this land
In all honesty, it has moments of emergence
I would know because of my vast experience
The monster has a tendency to hide yet surprise
Rear its ugly head when least expected, we must confide
Not fight the darkness on our own but with an ally
So that the monster has no ability to run or hide
The death of darkness will never arrive
But we must try our best to survive
Fight it with every ounce of strength we have left
Until the end of days when the blackness is bereft
As I continue my quest to test things I cling close to my chest
Fighting on as the demons keep me up all night with their pests

No comments:

Post a Comment