Sunday, July 17, 2011

I’d Be Your Everything

I’d do anything
Replace everything
To go back to that place
Come on, let’s go and replace
What we didn’t like and erase
The start of the blank face
Leave it without a trace
I know that it’s what you want
I truly wish there was a truth font
I can see the longing in your eyes
So why not take the ultimate prize?
I sit here with my arms closed but heart open wide
Waiting for fate and God to finally collide
To give me what I always feigned for
The loneliness is really making me sore
The memories are my lifeline
I could think about them for a lifetime
Still, a lifeline’s not a source of blood
The emotions swell to a flood
So please change your mind
You’re truly one of a kind
I’m through looking to find
I’m already lagging behind

I’m here if you need me
I’d gladly be your everything
So at least give me anything
I’m a knight with chinks in my armor
Yet I’m still a knight
I can be your knight
Let me be
So I can sleep at night
Thank you
Please? 

No comments:

Post a Comment